London ESB Coffee Porter – 10 gallon batch
11/10/2017 – today we brewed a 10 gallon London ESB Coffee Porter
- 18 lb – 2-row premium grain
- 1.5 – caramel 60 Love
- 1 lb – coffee malt 150 Love
- 1.5 lb – roasted barley 300 Love
- 2.4 oz Cascade at start of boil
- 1.6 oz Northern Brewer at start of boil
- 1.5 oz Fuggle at 30 minutes into boil
4 oz of coarse ground (to open up the bean) coffee added into the fermentor in a mash bag that was sanitized.
We started the Mash at 140 F and over an 90 minutes slowly run a program controlled by our electric PID to reach 154F – we mashed out at 170F.
Boil was for 90 minutes.
Cooled to 74F