Each pumpkin will give you lots and lots of seeds, more than you will ever need.
Pumpkin Ale – is a special type of beer, highly in demand, for the good stuff!
The best fastest way is to buy canned pumpkin and then use that in the beer recipe to brew your beer to learn, but if you want to do it the right way, the proper way is to use fresh pumpkin and then baking it to get the pumpkin meat prepared for the brewing session.
Nothing beats a fresh 100% organic pumpkin grown in your back yard and it is fairly easy to do as well!
There are many web sites that will give you a good idea of how to prepare the pumpkin and then how to bake it in the oven, here are the steps:
- clean the pumpkin well with warm water
- cut the pumpkin in half and remove all the seeds in the middle with a sharp good knife
- save the seeds for next year, each pumpkin will give you many of seeds
- add some water into a bake dish 1/4 ” and place pumpkin there, cut face down
- bake in oven at 350 F for about 40 – 45 minutes until soft, like a potato (poke check)
- remove and let cool down
- peel the outer skin, cut into chunks, place into plastic bags (suck out oxygen) and freeze
some more pictures (after baking is over):
Let the bag cool before putting into freezer!