Beeruino – is an #arduino based data logger and controller project that I dreamt up after my second pint of #homebrew. The difference between most people and I, are that I actually write down my ideas and later I look at them clear-headed to see if they still make sense, hence the Beeruino was born.
What is it made of ?
- Black project box (Radio Shack), donated to me by a fellow brew head
- Originally using Arduino UNO R3 // Recently upgraded to the Mega 2560 R3 (more memory!)
- Ethernet Sheild (gives Ethernet and SD card capability)
- Prototyping shield
- RTC (real-time-clock) using I2C bus (give accurate date/time)
- dual 10 amp relay module (120 volt x 10 amp = 1200 watts)
- dual A/C sockets, independent of each other (so different things can be controlled out of each socket)
- 4×20 LCD screen using the I2C bus (not to be confused with 420, that’s something different)
- ON/OFF switch
- Arduino sketch C++ code
- USB Cable
- Power Cable to power the A/C sockets
- Analog buttons to change the set goal temperature UP or DOWN on the control relay
Beeruino now has control buttons and Version 2 of the code has been released. They allow you to control the target goal temperature without the need to change the value manually and no need to recompile the program using the computer, making it more and more independent.
All the versions of the code are maintained GitHub: https://github.com/rompstar/beeruino